Important Campformation 2023 Information July 3-July 7
1. Check-In for Camp is from 3:00-4:30pm on Monday, July 3. Dinner is promptly at 5pm, so please be sure to arrive no later than 4:30pm. Likewise, counselors are in training right up until registration begins at 3:00pm, so please do not arrive early. Once you arrive, proceed to the registration table in the Leisure House where your child will be met by one of the counselors and escorted to the appropriate cabin to unpack.
2. Communication During the Week - Parents, you are welcome to "inspect" the Camp when you arrive on Mpnday, but please do not plan any visits during the week of camp. This only causes disruption in the program and is distracting for your child. Likewise, please keep any calls/texts to your camper during the week VERY limited. If your camper is experiencing homesickness, a call or text will make it worse. Our leaders and counselors are trained on working with kids who are homesick and promise gentleness and compassion around this issue. If homesickness prolongs over 24 hours at camp and we are concerned, your church leader will be in touch with you.
3. Camp Mail - Campers love to receive mail. Address cards and letters to: Camper's Name, Lutheran Campformation, Camp Pinerock,1400 Pine Dr # 203, Prescott, AZ 86303
4. Cell Phones - Each congregation has their own policy for cell phone use. We respect each congregations policy. Campformation allows cell phones, however, each camp counselor will carry a backpack and collect everyone's phone when there is a structured activity time. Parents will be informed of the scheduled activity times, so they know they may not have immediate access to their campers. Campers can get access to their phones by asking counselors. Campers will get free time to use their phones.
5. Closing Communion Service is on Friday, July 7 th at 10am in the Tabernacle. Your entire family is invited to be a part of the celebration. The service is an hour. NEW to many of our first time attendees, after worship, ALL campers must be signed out by their parents before leaving camp. Please see your church leader before you leave to sign-out your child.
6. Medication - Any medication (prescription and non-prescription) should be clearly marked with name and instructions from your Doctor in a Ziploc bag. All medications MUST be turned over to the Camp Nurse when you register. The nurse will be at Camp 24 hours a day and will administer all medications.
Packing List: Bible, Flashlight, Sleeping Bag/Bed Roll & Pillow, Bath Towel & Washcloth, Clothes for 5 Days (including two pairs of closed-toe shoes) Swimsuit & Swim Towel, Toiletries (toothbrush, shampoo, deodorant, etc.) Sunscreen, Spending Money for Canteen ($20 max; optional) Water Bottle, Rain Poncho/Jacket, Battery Operated Fan (optional). *Please put your campers name on items like water bottles, towels, etc.*
Not Allowed at Camp: Electronics (other than cell phones) Weapons (including pocket knives) Alcohol/Drugs/Tobacco (including Vapes, Juuls, etc.) Fireworks, Food/Candy (No food in the cabins!) **Campers & parents should be aware that possession of any of these items will result in the item being confiscated and possibly the Camper being immediately dismissed from camp. If a Camper is dismissed, his or her parents will be responsible for making arrangements for immediate transportation home.**